Ciceklerle Yaşam

Art question
So, on my epic trip to Buenos Aires, I bought some original artwork (unframed) in a gallery. It's a pencil drawing and a portrait, but upon getting it home, it looks very pale to me. In the gallery, the artist's works were all set in white mats in white frames. They looked airy and beautiful. However, I've pretty much made a commitment to black and dark wood frames in my home (an outdated photo of my art wall here). So should I go with a wood frame and a brown/beige/taupe mat? A black frame with a white mat and a black bevel? A black mat? Decisions, decisions. It's a quality piece and I want to frame it right. Any thoughts?

Photo above is not my home, unfortunately, but it does have some pale artwork. (And what looks like a Christian Dell lamp over on the right.)

from Patric Johansson